Sunday, May 3, 2009

Boston Marathon


It's always been Tyler's dream to run in the Boston Marathon so we figured he should do it before the baby came.  He trained all winter long and was running 60-70 miles per week to get prepared (I never saw him very much, especially on Saturdays when he would go out for 20 miles).  After all his hard work, he finished the marathon in 2 hours and 53 minutes.  His goal was to finish in under 3 hours so he reached his goal!!!  He took 687th place out of 25,000 at the marathon and took 7th out of everyone from Utah.  He even got his name in the Salt Lake Tribune.  Congratulations Tyler and I am so proud of you!

3 comments:

  1. Okay...so your mom is a little proud of you too! Way to go Tiggy! It was one of the funnest trips ever! Great memories, and of course I love to see my boy run in marathons!! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure who was more excited about your marathon, you or me, but it was awesome to be able to track your whole race online. You did great. It inspired me to start running again so I can run Boston next year. I've already lost 6 lbs!

    love the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Tyler! That is freaking awesome! All the girls here in Delta are runners, I think maybe it's because there is nothing else to do here.. So maybe some day soon I will give in! If the fatties on the biggest loser can do it I can too right?!?

    ReplyDelete