Monday, August 17, 2009

Update

Heidi took more incredible pictures of our baby.  I would post more but it's taking forever!

Its only been three weeks and we are finally blogging again.  We feel pretty good about ourselves.  Stockton is doing great.  He wakes up every 3-4 hours during the night to be fed (dad wakes up at midnight and six) and eats like a champ (except for the boob, we'll get to that later).  We have been blessed with a couple nights where he has gone 5-6 hours straight without waking up.  Those are the blissful nights where Stockton starts to cry, Sarah turns to me and says it's time to feed him, I look at the clock, it reads 4:00 am, and I tell Sarah that my turn to feed has joyfully passed.  For all those soon to be fathers out there, take the midnight feeding, so far it's been the first one going away.  For all those fathers lucky enough to have a kid that latches to the boob, enjoy your sleep.  Actually, getting up with Stockton is a treat and I do enjoy it.  He's wide awake after every feeding and I love nothing more than staring at him after he's been fed.  He's like any other man after being fed and with a full diaper, content without a trouble in the world.  As for the boob, Stockton has decided that he doesn't necessarily enjoy the work that goes into eating that way so he his being fed via the bottle.  We hope this is the update that everyone was looking for.  We hope to have an announcement out soon (we sort of like to procrastinate).  Let us know what we can do to blog better.


4 comments:

  1. Tell Sarah she is very lucky to have you!!!! I can't believe that you get up in the night to feed the little guy! My husband has NEVER gotten up with my kids! Yes, they have breastfed like champs, but even if it's not to eat, he just sleeps. Stockton is so dang cute!!! Try to get more pictures up when you can! I love seeing the little man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stockton is so lucky to have you both as parents! He is so precious!! Love him!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is jamilyn's sister in law, kelsey...i came across your blog from their website. anyways, i just wanted to suggest something for babies who hate the boob! when my daughter was born she had a REALLy hard time latching on, and it made trying to nurse a horrbile experience for both of us. go to babies r us and get a medela nipple sheild. it's a silicone "nipple" that you put over yours and it makes it SO easy for them to grab onto and eat. since he already takes the bottle, the silicone should feel natural to him. then (if you want to...i never did) you can try to wean him off of it. just a suggestion, cuz those were lifesavers for me! good luck! stockton is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd just like to add that the silicone "nipples" have done wonders for me as well.

    ReplyDelete