Saturday, July 18, 2009

























Well, the big day finally arrived.  After all of the false hopes and mistaken labor pains, the baby has finally arrived!  Sarah and I went home last night assuming that we would be going all the way to the induction date.  Well, not we, but her.  She, after all, was the one going through all the pains of her 39th week of pregnancy.  Right after we got in bed and in the middle of watching the Tour de France, Sarah turned to me and said that she thought her water was breaking.  I assumed that it was just more leaking, but sure enough, even after I got a towel, the leaking kept coming.  Of course, before we left for the hospital, she insisted on taking a shower, doing her hair, putting on some light make-up, etc., etc., etc.  I was panicking as most first time fathers probably do and telling Sarah that we needed to get to the hospital stat!  We finally arrived and my poor wife was still draining her system as we checked in at the nurses station.  They got us situated around 11:00 PM, her contractions started an hour or two later, epidural by 4:00 AM, fully dilated by 10:00 and here came the baby at 11:07 AM.  All I can say is that I am so amazed at what Sarah (and all other women for that matter) just did today.  It was absolutely incredible and I am so proud of her.  The birthing process truly is an amazing miracle.  Attached are some pics of the baby.  If you want the full details of the night at the hospital, give us a call (yes I left some out.  Sarah was a trooper through a whole night of fun!).  I love you Sar! 

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! He's SO BEAUTIFUL! We are so excited for you guys. You are going to be such great parents. He's a lucky guy. We promise to keep Crew away from him so he doesn't pick up any bad habits! Love you guys!! (Jeff wants me to congratulate you on his need for a big tattoo...seriously he has problems)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! I'm so excited for you guys. What did you name the little guy??? I can't wait to meet him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS! He is so precious! And yes, I agree, Sarah you are a trooper.....he is so lucky to have you both as parents. Welcome to PARENTHOOD! We love him so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!! He is adorable! I am so excited for you guys. Welcome to the most wonderful time of your lives! Parenthood is awesome!

    ReplyDelete